Before you enroll in an online class at BCCC you should be
comfortable demonstrating the competencies listed below:
- Be familiar with the Windows environment.
- Connect to the Internet or an online service.
- Identify and use icons, menus and
- Start an application and create and save a document
- Name, save, retrieve, revise a document, and attach a
- Use printing options
- Know how to save to a flash drive or cloud storage.
- Create and name folders and subdirectories
- Save, open, place documents inside folders or
- Open and work with more than one application at a
- Attach a file and send it to instructor or open an
- Open and read PDF files with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Access and use resources on the Internet and the
World Wide Web.
- Use electronic mail (compose, send, retrieve, read,
respond, and forward messages, and attach files)
- Obtain/maintain account on the Internet or an on-line
service that provides Internet access.
- Connect a computer to a modem and telephone line for